Unfortunately we have experienced some delays in preparing the Para 2010 proceedings, but as of 11 February 2011 we are back in full swing, and hope to publish the proceedings this spring.
Deadline and format of submissions
The deadline for submitting manuscripts will be 15 Sept. 2010 - "Extended to 19 Sept" and we shall adhere strictly to a 4-3-2-1 schedule: 4 weeks for first review, 3 weeks for first author revision, 2 weeks for second review, and 1 week for second (and final) revision. The submitted papers should follow the LNCS style, and there is a strict 10 page maximum length of the papers - "Extended to 11 pages". Authors must use LaTeX2e and the class file lncs.cls inside lncs2e.zip. A useful example (containing more LaTeX-technical details) is typeinst.pdf (with associated TeX source typeinst.tex). All these files may be found on http://vefir.hi.is/para10/lncs.
Planned schedule in more detai
2. First review. The editors find 3 reviewers per paper (one can be themselves). After receiving reviews the editors make a decision on the manuscript (accept as is, accept with minor changes, accept with major changes, reject) and send it directly to the authors together with comments and suggestions from the reviewers and/or themselves, with cc to me. This should be done before Oct. 15. If the editors have difficulty in obtaining 3 completed reviews, they can in exceptional cases proceed with only 2 reviews.
3. First revision. The authors send revised manuscripts both to their editor and to me within 3 weeks. This time they must include both a pdf file and all LaTeX files that are not part of the standard TeX archive (CTAN).
4. Second review. The process for the second revision is the same as for the first one, except that it should be finished within 2 weeks. This time the only decision options are: accept, accept with small changes, and reject.
5. Second revision. The authors put the final touches on their papers, and again submit the TeX files and a pdf file to their editor and to me. They have 1 week to do this.
6. Publishing. We expect the final result around New Year!